Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Black-Bottom Banana Cream Pie

Tomorrow is my birthday. I've been celebrating it pretty much the entire month of June. By over-celebrating, it's like it makes it suck less. I know I'm only turning 27, but I'm frustrated at the waste of time 25 and 26 were. I am hopeful that 27 will bring change and happiness. I guess we'll see. In the meantime, my celebration continued this weekend. I made some Baked Pasta with Roasted Vegetables (including squash and zucchini from the farm!) on Friday, prior to the Kefir Ice Cream. Last night, we barbecued and I baked this pie.

I guess it's instead of a birthday cake, but it's so half-assed I don't know if it even counts. It was delicious though. The biggest problem was that - yet again - the chocolate hardened so much that it was like a bar of chocolate. I don't know what my problem is and why this happens with every chocolate thing I ever make. Regardless, very tasty. I don't think I would make it again, but I enjoyed it very much. And considering there's only one slice left, I'd venture to say everyone else liked it too!

pie

Black Bottom-Banana Cream Pie
Kraft Foods

6 tablespoons butter or margarine -- divided
38 NILLA Wafers -- finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups)
2 tablespoons sugar
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 large bananas -- sliced
1 package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding -- (3.4 oz.)
1 cup cold milk -- (1-3/4)
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

1. MELT 4 Tbsp. butter; pour into medium bowl. Stir in wafer crumbs and sugar. Reserve 2 Tbsp. for later use; press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.

2. MICROWAVE chocolate and remaining butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended. Drizzle over bottom of crust; top with bananas.

3. BEAT pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min.; pour over bananas. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with COOL WHIP and reserved crumb mixture just before serving.

Servings: 8

1 comment:

EricaMarie said...

oh my gosh, I must have this.