Sunday, May 29, 2011

Radish & Cucumber Danish Sandwiches

Yesterday we went to a barbecue in the middle of the day and ate a ton of food, so by 8 or 9:00 all we wanted was a light mini-meal. We had gotten some radishes in our CSA bag this past week so I chopped those up and used them in this, despite the fact that the radishes were long and thin and therefore difficult to slice like Martha wanted them to be sliced. But I tried. This was just okay. I was just eh. I wouldn't make them again.

So, here's the thing: I can't find the recipe on the Martha Stewart website. And (again) I didn't realize that the ingredients hadn't shown up in my program (seriously, it's Lauren error, not a computer glitch). I had a photo from the magazine stored in the program so I knew it was white bread, so I just ran with that. White bread and a cookie cutter, all the way.

sandwich

Radish and Cucumber Danish Sandwiches
Martha Stewart, April 2007

Lemon-Black Pepper Cream Cheese:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Sandwiches:
1 cup very thinly sliced radishes
1 cup very thinly sliced English cucumber
Thin lemon zest strips, for garnish

Procedure
1. Stir together cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, and pepper in a bowl. Can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week; let soften before using.

2. Spread each bread slice with about 2 teaspoons cream cheese. Arrange radish and cucumber slices on top. Using a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out rounds; discard scraps. Garnish with lemon zest.

Servings: 16

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That stinks that you didn't like them more. They sound and look great!