Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moroccan Roasted Salmon with Mango Salsa

Alright: attempt 10000 at liking fish. I typically enjoy fish when it is spicy, and harissa is definitely a spicy ingredient. If you are sensitive to spices, maybe this is not the recipe for you. I, however, doubled the amount. It was cool.

As is to be expected, I was not really a fan of this. Too fishy still I guess? It all seems good and is apparently delicious to people who like fish. To my credit, I did eat most of it. I don't know.

I am seriously considering stopping seafood altogether.

I served this with our favorite Caribbean Coconut Rice, which is finding its way into our repertoire like at least once a week. I'm a fan.

fish

Moroccan Roasted Salmon with Mango Salsa
Cooking Light, April 1998

1 1/2 cups chopped peeled mango -- (about 1 large)
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons commercial harissa
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet -- skinned and cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 450°.

2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill. Spread harissa over both sides of salmon; sprinkle with salt. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with mango salsa.

Servings: 4

No comments: