Friday, May 27, 2011

Fusilli with Roasted Vegetables

Okay. So I made my grocery list and bought the ingredients listed in the ingredients section. Keep in mind that I use Living Cookbook and transcribe various recipes from cookbooks into the computer program. Well, once I started dinner, I realized that I was missing some of the vegetables. The peppers, onions, and the tomatoes, specifically. Oops. Luckily I had one tomato so I used that, but no pepper. Oops. Oh and I ran out of fusilli so I added in some rotini. Oh well. I used what I had and it turned out really well. It was an easy and very yummy dinner. I would make this again.

But good luck trying it since I don't have the correct measurements. Just guess. It's not like you're going to screw it up, it's just roasted vegetables. Throw whatever you want in there. Here is the recipe as I typed it up, since it's the only one I have:

fusilli

Fusilli with Roasted Vegetables
Weight Watchers Versatile Vegetarian


Roasted vegetables have a rich and hearty flavor; roast them ahead of time for an almost instant supper. This pasta is a delectable treat.

1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
3 garlic cloves, quartered
1 teaspoon minced thyme
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups fusilli
1/4 cup finely shredded basil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large roasting pan, combine the bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, garlic, thyme, and 1/2 tsp of the black pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil; toss to coat. Roast, tossing the vegetables once or twice, until the peppers are softened, about 40 minutes.

2. Cook the fusilli according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Add to the vegetables with the cooking liquid, basil, cheese, and the remaining 1/4 tsp of black pepper; toss to combine.

Servings: 4

No comments: