Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Farmhouse

In celebration of my new job, Gibby graduating, my friend's birthday, and his partner helping me to get the aforementioned new job, we took the two friends out to dinner at The Farmhouse in Emmaus, PA. The Farmhouse is on our Restaurant Challenge, which now brings us to 10 at which we have eaten.

This restaurant was unique in that it uses largely locally grown foods and cheeses, and cooks them so wonderfully. We were absolutely thrilled to finally find a super-nice restaurant that was super-delicious. I had a wonderful mushroom spring roll with tea-infused black rice and spring vegetables. It was amazing. Even the green tea I got in place of dessert was amazing.

And the wine. Can't forget my delicious wine. That's not true. I can't remember what it was other than "chardonnay." But it was great.

We had a really nice time and enjoyed the ambience and the environment. The waitstaff was great, the food all came out on time and as ordered, and it was entirely not at all disappointing. Two thumbs up!

No comments: