Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Triple-Layer Chocolate Pie

If you know anything about me at all, you know I love pie. Nothing makes me happier than pie. So this weekend I decided I MUST HAVE PIE. Luckily, I hoard food (I think the word is stockpile) and I happened to have all the ingredients for this super-simple non-recipe no-bake pie. So I made it, and the world rejoiced.

I used an all-natural chocolate crust, and some Dr. Oetker's organic chocolate pudding mix. With almond milk. I don't think there's any organic or healthy way of having Cool Whip though, though I did pretend by buying their fat-free version.

pie

Triple-Layer Chocolate Pie
Kraft Foods

2 packages JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding -- (3.9 oz. each)
2 cups cold milk
1 OREO Pie Crust -- (6 oz.)
1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping -- (8 oz.) thawed, divided

1. BEAT pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.)

2. SPREAD 1-1/2 cups pudding onto bottom of crust. Stir half the COOL WHIP into remaining pudding; spread over layer in crust. Top with remaining COOL WHIP.

3. REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm.

Servings: 8

No comments: