Monday, February 07, 2011

Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, when I saw this recipe posted, I was equally appalled and intrigued. Luckily, I came up with a great solution: Make them for Annie. Annie, you may remember, is my grad school buddy who I used to cook for. And now I mail her cookies every once in awhile since I no longer live nearby. So I made a batch of these, intending to put them in this cute little box I'd found, and discovered that the cookies are GIGANTIC. They're like softballs. I managed to fit 8 or 9 of them into a Barnes & Noble box and mailed that out to her.I had two - ohmygosh they were fantastic - and then I gave the rest away. And therefore, the world gets to enjoy one of the most unhealthy things I've ever made.

So. Damn. Good.

oreo

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
BeckyBakes.Net

2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 ounce bag chocolate chips
1 package Oreos

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Yield: Makes about 2 dozen VERY LARGE cookies.

4 comments:

Maria said...

this looks delicious and I will be making this for my husband. I bet he loves them.

Denise said...

I wonder if you could use mini Oreos so it's like "Wow, what a nice little surprise" instead of "OMG COOKIES EVERYWHERE."

Carrie said...

I suddenly feel the need to make these even though they'll probably kill me.

Carrie said...

We made a half batch tonight and yum!