Sunday, January 23, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Mini-Bagel Sandwiches

It's not my fault I haven't posted much these past few weeks. A lot of family members died and their funerals were scattered over the past few weeks. But it's all finally settling down. Fantastic.

This week do have several recipes I will be trying out, and I am looking forward to it. I also decided randomly to make these little mini-bagel sandwiches for lunch yesterday. Super-easy, very yummy. I would make these again if I had it all on hand.

mini

Roasted Red Pepper On Mini-Bagel Sandwiches
Cooking Light, September 2004

3/4 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese -- (6 ounces) softened
1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese -- (2 ounces) softened
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves -- minced
12 mini bagels -- halved and toasted
12 ounces roasted red bell peppers -- rinsed, drained, and chopped

1. Combine first 6 ingredients.

2. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cut sides of bagels. Arrange the chopped red bell peppers evenly over bottom halves of bagels; top with top halves of bagels. Cut each sandwich in half.

No comments: