Monday, January 03, 2011

Chocolate Passion Bowl

I DID make dinner tonight but I can't post about it because the picture is not ready. So you'll have to wait. But the goal is to cook at least 5 times this week. I promise!

On Friday, the 31st, we went to Connecticut to have a re-do of Christmas. My mom was back from her dad's funeral, we were all together, and we opened presents and had Chinese takeout and it was fun. To go along with the festivities, I prepared this trifle. Super-simple, not the most natural of ingredients, but it was exactly what my dad had asked for and everyone really liked it. Especially my brother, who is very picky! I would make this again.

I used No-Pudge Brownies with vanilla Greek yogurt, fat-free Cool-Whip, and sugar-free pudding mix. No one could tell!

trifle

If you're oddly observant and wondered why there is no Cool-Whip layer in the photo, it is because I mis-read the directions and accidentally added all the Cool-Whip to the pudding mix.

Chocolate Passion Bowl
KraftFoods

3 cups cold milk
2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP French Vanilla Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 baked 9-inch square brownie layer, cooled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5-1/2 cups)
1 pint (2 cups) raspberries

1. POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.

2. PLACE half of the brownie cubes in 2-qt. serving bowl; top with layers of half each of the pudding mixture, remaining whipped topping and raspberries. Repeat all layers.

3. REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

Servings: 16

2 comments:

EricaMarie said...

looking at this makes my mouth drool, and now I am hungry. Note to self, don't read this at night anymore. But seriously, yum.

Lynse Leanne said...

Can i come over for dinner? Seriously, everything you make looks fantastic!