Saturday, November 20, 2010

Make-Agains

Woops! I forgot to post about this week's make-agains. Well, Wednesday I made my favorite Couscous with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Edamame, except I screwed up. You see, my pantry is chock-full of different grains and beans. I keep them all in clear OXO containers. So in my haste, I grabbed bulgur instead of couscous. Though similar, they have different cooking times and different textures and different sizes. So it wasn't fully cooked, didn't cook well with the tomatoes, and didn't work out as well as I would have liked. Fail. I'll still make it again a bazillion times.

Then last night I made Chili-Glazed Tofu Over Asparagus and Rice. I made it with Forbidden Rice because Gibby had requested to have some. It was excellent as usual. And although I usually burn it, now that I have my new awesome nothing-sticks-to-it Calphalon Green pan, it cooked beautifully.

I feel like this post is a big advertisement. I apologize. I just like to share things that make me happy :) Here is a picture of the tofu with the rice:

tofu

No comments: