Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oatmeal Cookie Drink & Brain Hemorrhages

A few weeks ago my brother and I decided to try out a drink recipe I've had for a long time. It is purported to taste like an oatmeal cookie. Personally, I am very sensitive to alcohol so the Jaegermeister kind of made it a little too intense for me, although the oatmeal cookie-ishness was still there. My brother liked it, too. Then my brother had fun with endless variations of using the components, such as mixing it with milk. Obviously it was an exciting time. So here is the recipe for that:

The Oatmeal Cookie Drink
Food Network - Cookworks

1 ounce Jagermeister
1 ounce Irish Cream Liqueur
1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 ounce Cinnamon Schnapps
Raisins -- for garnish, optional

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass over ice.

Then Friday night at my friend's Halloween party, my coworker made shots from a recipe sent out in the weekly newsletter from Stone Cottage Gardens. You float the Bailey's on top, and when you add the grenadine, the Bailey's swirls down and starts looking like a brain. It's pretty cool and gross all at the same time. Everyone agreed it was not as tasty as they had hoped (I did not partake) but that the gross-out cool factor was good enough!

brains

Brain Hemorrhages

1 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 tsp. Bailey's Irish Cream
2 drops Grenadine

Pour the Peach Schnapps into a large shot glass. Slowly add the Bailey's and top with the grenadine.

No comments: