Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Spicy Feta Salad

Tonight I made myself a Roasted Sweet Potato with Spicy Feta Salad. Delicious as usual!

The most exciting food-related part of my day, though, was the delivery of my Penzeys spices! Oh, how I miss living next to one of their stores! Now I have to order it all via the internet. ALL of my spices are from Penzeys, with the exception of some iodized salt, Chinese 5-spice powder, Emeril's seasoning, and Old Bay. All of my sea salt, pepper, basil, parsley, poppy seeds, granulated onion, epazote, coriander.... all from Penzeys. And I have a huge spice collection, so that tells you just how much I've given to Penzeys over the years! I really don't think anyone is able to equal their quality.

So other than the "usuals" that I use so much that I needed to replenish (double-strength vanilla, basil, cumin, parsley, chives, medium red pepper, etc.) I got a couple new things! I got their Smoky Seasoned Salt to put on cottage cheese for lunches. I got some Charnushka (Nigella Sativa) to add to foccaccia. I got some vanilla-bean sugar! Oh, opening a box of Penzeys spices is like a delicious-smelling Christmas. I love them forever.

1 comment:

the rikrak studio said...

oh my heavens - you have my mouth watering already - is breakfast too early to make this??? yum! nothing better than a sweet potato in my book - but with feta too? heavens!

and thanks so much for being part of the blog-a-thon, cutie!

http://rikrakstudio.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-thon.html