Tuesday, September 07, 2010

My First Attempt at Canning

I've been wanting to learn how to can for years. And I DID IT! I hope! I have 6 pint-jars sitting in the kitchen filled with my Marinara Sauce. I made a huge batch of it yesterday and then canned it. I had no idea what I was doing and had to reference a LOT of websites to figure out how to sterilize the jars, seal the jars, prevent us from dying of botulism, etc. These two websites, THIS and THIS, were extremely helpful. I am going to put the jars in the basement now and hope that in a few months we do not die. If we do, you know what the cause was.

jar

Tonight I was kind of overwhelmed with some stuff that's going on so I made some frozen pierogies (boiled) and some Baby Brussels Sprouts with Buttered Pecans. Not as good with frozen steamable brussels sprouts (versus fresh), but good enough. It was a decent meal.

No comments: