Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mahimahi with Balsamic-Wine Sauce

Giant had a great deal on frozen fish filets about a month ago so I stocked up on mahi-mahi and barramundi for like $8 total. It was awesome. But then I forgot I had them until yesterday when I was taking stock of our stand freezer since today was our monthly stock-up trip to the store. This week is soy-free (just this week!) due to some medical reasons, so I'm making a hugely conscious effort to get enough protein. Thus the fish. And this is incredibly simple. It wasn't bad. I never like fish, and I think I overcooked it since it hadn't thawed all the way when I popped it in the pan, but it was alright.We had it with some orzo pasta and it was delightful.

mahimahi

Mahimahi with Balsamic-Wine Sauce
Cooking Light, December 2001

Serve with couscous or orzo.

24 ounces mahimahi fillets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and onion; cook for 3 minutes. Turn fish over. Stir in wine, vinegar, and capers; cook 3 minutes. Remove fish from pan. Cook wine mixture an additional 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve sauce with fish; sprinkle with parsley.

Servings: 4

No comments: