This is one of the most freaking delicious things I have ever made.
Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars
Adapted from Buttercup Bakes at Home
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
11 tablespoons unsalted butter
7.5 ounces (about 1 1/4 cups) chopped bittersweet chocolate, divided
1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
10.5 ounces mini-marshmallows
9 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) chopped milk chocolate
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan, add unsweetened chocolate, butter and 4.5 ounces (about 3/4 cup) bittersweet chocolate - melt over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in espresso powder and set aside to cool for 5 minutes
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large bowl , whisk together eggs. Whisk in sugar and vanilla until well combined. Gradually add melted chocolate mixture, stirring until combined and smooth. Add dry ingredients and stir just until combined - fold in remaining 3 ounces (1/2 cup) bittersweet chocolate.
5. Scoop batter into a 9" x 13" baking pan coated with nonstick spray, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Place into the oven and bake until a toothpick placed near the corner of the pan comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately scatter the marshmallows evenly over the top. Place pan back into the oven to soften the marshmallows, about 3 more minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add milk chocolate, peanut butter and butter - heat over low heat, stirring, until smooth and combined. Remove from the heat and stir in Rice Krispies until thoroughly coated. Set aside and allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Spread mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer on top of the brownies. Place pan into the refrigerator and chill until firm before cutting.
Yield: 24 bars