Sunday, June 27, 2010

White Strawberry Sangria

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted! We've had friends from out of town visiting so we have been eating out a lot. Last night we celebrated my birthday (which is tomorrow) and I tried out this recipe for sangria. Now, we are not really drinkers but we do enjoy sangria. I thought this was an interesting, summery take on it. We all thought it was very sugary, despite subbing strawberry vodka for the strawberry schnapps. If I made it again (which I would), I'd make a little bit of simple syrup and mix that in rather than adding just regular sugar. It's very good, though. Definitely let it chill for 4+ hours so the strawberry flavor can spread. We really liked it and it was gone very quickly.

sangria

White Strawberry Sangria
CLBB (Missindi)

1 750 mL bottle dry white wine
1/2 cup strawberry schnapps or creme de strawberry
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups sliced strawberries (or 1 bag frozen strawberries)
Ice

In a 2-quart pitcher stir together wine, strawberry schnapps, and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add strawberries and chill for 1 to 4 hours. Serve over ice. If desired, garnish with whole strawberries. Makes 5 or 6 (about 8-ounce) servings.

No comments: