Sunday, June 27, 2010

Spaghetti Pie

When I was growing up, my mom made chicken enchiladas that my dad loved. He thought they were the best things ever. I remember them as being pretty good as well. Any time we had company, my dad always insisted my mom make her chicken enchiladas. It was like what she became "known" for (besides her sugar cookies, of course). We don't ever really have company so I always wondered what my "you must try Lauren's ____" dish would be. Apparently, it is Spaghetti Pie.

So, since we have visitors, last night I made Spaghetti Pie. Gibby insisted. I was afraid to feed them soy crumbles because they all are big meat eaters. SUCCESS! Steve said, "I am so confused. You say it isn't meat, but it looks like meat... and it tastes like meat... but it's not?" Hooray! I do love that this recipe is enjoyable even to people who aren't vegetarians.

No comments: