Thursday, June 10, 2010

Festive Strawberry Nut Salad

I so very much wanted to serve a salad to go along with the twice-baked potatoes, and C is so picky with salads! So I said screw it and picked a salad that I wanted. No Caesar here! C could eat Caesar forever. He would, too, if I didn't make him try new things. So this salad sounded particularly delicious to me, and thus it ended up on our plates.

Wonderful! It is so very delicious! I'd never had the poppy seed salad dressing before but I love it. It's wonderful with the strawberries, which are wonderful with the greens and the nuts. DON'T skimp on the nuts. They are really good. C ate all of his! He said, "It's like candy... candy that just kind of happens to be a salad too." Dork. It's delicious. I'd make it again.

salad

Festive Strawberry Nut Salad
Kraft Foods

For a fruity change, substitute tart fresh raspberries or sliced peeled fresh peaches for the strawberries.

1/2 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds
3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
2 cups packed Boston lettuce
2 cups halved strawberries
1/3 cup KRAFT Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

1. TOSS almonds with sugar in nonstick skillet; cook on medium heat until sugar is caramelized, stirring constantly. Spread into single layer on greased baking sheet or sheet of wax paper; cool. Break into small pieces.

2. TOSS spinach, Boston lettuce and strawberries in large bowl.

3. DRIZZLE with dressing just before serving; toss lightly. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve on chilled plates.

Servings: 6

No comments: