Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wheat Berry & Barley Salad with Smoked Mozzarella

We had a lunch today at my office so I made this HUGE batch of Wheat Berry & Barley Salad with Smoked Mozzarella (well, Gouda) for the vegetarians who could not partake in the Wawa Hoagie Extravaganza. The concensus was pretty good, I think. It was funny because even my boss admitted that she thought she would not like it but ended up liking it. I don't know what the deal is with vegetarian food. Cheese lasagna is vegetarian. Cheese pizza is vegetarian. Pancakes are vegetarian. Chocolate chip cookies! The list goes on! Just because something is labeled as vegetarian doesn't mean it's going to be gross. And sometimes those little white cubes are NOT tofu and turn out to be delicious locally-made smoked gouda.

I have a lot of leftovers.

No comments: