Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ruby Red Fruit Salad

The only other time I've made this recipe was Once Upon A Time in the Days of Yore (i.e. during college in Boston, prior to making this blog). I made it to take along on a picnic to see Shakespeare in the Park, where I promptly got bored and fell asleep. But I remembered the salad as being yummy and transporting well.

We didn't find it particularly special tonight - funny how tastes evolve over the years! I also don't know why it's called "ruby red" if it has blackberries. I'd substitute raspberries if you're really wanting to keep it in the same color palette. We also had to use a regular orange since Wegmans didn't have any blood oranges. We probably won't make this again since really all it is is a bunch of cut-up fruit sprinkled with sugar.

fruit

Ruby Red Fruit Salad
Unknown source

2 cups halved and hulled strawberries
2 cups peeled and sectioned blood orange
2 cups blackberries
2 cups peeled and cubed cantaloupe
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Combine fruits in a large bowl and toss with confectioners' sugar. Cover and chill until ready to serve, up to 6 hours.

Servings: 16

No comments: