Wednesday, May 26, 2010

RoTel Super Dip

Um... I've made this a bunch of times so I have no idea why it isn't in my index. Crap. I'll post it again. This is another non-recipe but is a good and quick way to feed yourself when you come home late and do not feel like cooking.

RoTel tomatoes are a brand of canned tomatoes with green chiles in it. I stocked up a couple months ago because there was a sale and now I have a jillion cans of it. Very useful.

Edit: OH I found it. I was clever the last time and deleted all the references to brands. HERE is the original post. Oh well.

Picture from before:
dip

RoTel Super Dip
Variations: Refried beans instead of black beans; salsa instead of rotel tomatoes; etc. etc.

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can (15 oz) Ranch Style Brand Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (10 oz) RoTel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Layer with black beans and RoTel, then top with cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Yield: 2 1/2 cups

Source: RoTel advertisement

3 comments:

Crystal said...

This sounds delicious, Lauren!

I have pasted it in my recipe folder with a star next to it - so that I'll make it soon!

I enjoyed your comment on my blog, today!

Smiles,
Crystal :-)

Alison said...

That sounds great!
If that's a "non-recipe" you're clearly a better chef than I am...

Sadako said...

This look so so amazing!