Saturday, May 08, 2010

Burgers

Tonight Gibby wanted to go to Five Guys, so we went there for dinner. I always get the cheese vegetable sandwich, which is pretty much what it sounds like: cheese, vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomato, lettuce, etc) and mayo. I love it. And I love their fries. And their peanuts! Yum yum. Gibby had oddly never been there. He got a cheeseburger and was very happy with it but felt that it wasn't quite deserving of all of the bajillions of "Best Burger Ever" awards it has received nationwide.

So I asked him to come up with a Top 5 list of Gibby's Best Burgers. He couldn't do that, though he's pretty set that his #1 burger was the kobe beef burger at Bethlehem BrewWorks. Five Guys ranks somewhere in the top 5 but he isn't sure where. He also likes Red Robin. He tried to say McDonald's but I said "NO." That does not even count. Pick something else.

On my part, for non-beef burgers, my tops include the lobster burger at Central Michel Richard in DC, the Marilyn at Hamburger Hamlet in MD (veggie burger with avocado and cheese), and most of the burgers at Red Robin with a veggie patty substituted.

What is your favorite restaurant burger?

1 comment:

dashleysteele said...

I love the Royal Red Robin burger. It is a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it and it is delicious.

I really like homemade burgers because we can put things in it and build them how we life. For instance, we had a garlic buffalo burger one night that was incredible and better than anything I've had in a restaurant.