Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Breakfast Burritos

This reminds me of when my mom would sing, "One potato, two potato, three potato, four. Five potato, six potato, seven potato, OR...." And then she would stop at "Or" and we have no idea how it was supposed to end.

I've made breakfast burritos a bunch of times in the past using my mom's tried & true recipe, and I'm a fan of that. I like the chiles. This recipe is very similar except instead of using green chiles, it uses shredded potatoes. I really liked the potato element. I think I might combine these and make breakfast burritos with BOTH the chiles AND the potatoes. I think that would be best for everyone.

Note: I used Morningstar Farms breakfast sausage patties. I love them. You could also use Gimme Lean (get it? Gimme Lean = Jimmy Dean?) vegetarian sausage, but I don't like the texture as much.

burrito

Breakfast Burritos
101 Things to Do With A Potato by Stephanie Ashcraft, p.104

4 eggs
1 cup potato, shredded and boiled
1/4 cup ground sausage or sliced sausage links, cooked
1/4 cup grated pepper jack or cheddar cheese
2 or 3 flour tortillas
Salsa
Sour Cream

Scramble eggs in a frying pan. Add potatoes to eggs and mix together lightly. Add sausage. Top with cheese and let it melt. Place mixture in tortillas. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

Yield: 2-3 servings

No comments: