Monday, March 15, 2010

Pineapple-Brown Sugar Frozen Yogurt

I will start right up and say that I made a huge mess of the kitchen while making this. I have no idea why I am so messy when making ice cream. Everything was sticky. I'm terrible. But the frozen yogurt - it is DELICIOUS. It's a little softer than the other ice creams I've made lately, but it's just so simple and yummy. I would make this again.

yogurt

Pineapple-Brown Sugar Frozen Yogurt
Cooking Light, 9/00

1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 (15 1/4-ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
4 cups vanilla low-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine the sugar and pineapple in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Chill.

Combine pineapple mixture, yogurt, and vanilla in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon yogurt into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.

Yield: 18 servings

No comments: