Friday, March 19, 2010

Irish Pirate

I meant to make this yesterday but I did not even have the patience. I've never used the blender (I suck) so I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's super-easy and all goes into the dishwasher. That makes me more likely to use it again on a regular basis. The milkshake was yummy and simple. I used 2% milk instead of whole milk, low-fat slow-churned ice cream, and left out the rum. I added a little too much mint extract, oops! It was a little strong. But otherwise this was yummy and I'd make it again on any day, not just for St. Patrick's Day!

pirate

Irish Pirate
Party Line with the Hearty Boys (Food Network)

1 cup whole milk
1 pint green mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 teaspoon pure mint extract
3 tablespoons dark rum
Mint sprigs, for garnish

Put the milk, ice cream, mint extract and rum into a blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 15 seconds. Pour into 2 chilled glasses and garnish with a sprig of mint.

Yield: 2

No comments: