Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olive & Swiss Panini

So tonight was a "Lauren meal" since he's at class on Tuesday nights. Except today turned out all screwed up. It started hailing and sleeting outside and the roads turned totally to ice. I ended up canceling my 5:00 client and coming home early, and his class was canceled. And so we were both home, and my meal plan did not accommodate for that. I decided to still go ahead with my planned panini so the bread wouldn't be stale. He took one look at the recipe and said, "I think I'll have my frozen wings." I went ahead and made my sandwich. It was very yummy! Nothing special really, but it had all the ingredients I love so that's good. I probably wouldn't make it again unless I had all the stuff on hand, which is not likely since I don't frequently buy tapenade (though I will happily eat this jar up).

panini

Olive & Swiss Panini
Sargento advertisement

4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese
4 slices olive bread or sourdough bread
1/4 cup olive tapenade or olive spread
2 thick slices large tomato
1 Tbsp. olive oil or rosemary-flavored olive oil

1. Arrange 1 slice of cheese over each slice of bread. Spread olive tapenade over 2 of the bread slices; top with tomato slices. Close sandwiches; brush outsides evenly with oil.

2. Cook sandwiches in a preheated panini maker or lightly greased waffle iron until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.*

Consumer Tips: *Sandwiches may be cooked in a ridged grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Place a saucepan or small skillet on top of sandwiches to flatten; cook 3 minutes. Turn; replace saucepan and continue to cook 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.

Yield: 2 servings

No comments: