Monday, February 15, 2010

Easy Vanilla Ice Cream

Today we tried out a nice, simple vanilla ice cream. It has more fat content than I'd prefer, but I don't care. It was worth it. I made it in the ice cream machine and then froze it for an additional 2 hours so it would harden up. I had mine with some toffee bits. Yum yum yum!!! We both agreed it was fantastic. He felt it was a little too icy, but without it being a custard-base it's going to be a little icy. I liked the texture. This is a great vanilla ice cream!

vanilla

Easy Vanilla Ice Cream
CLBB (etawalker)

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
Dash salt
2/3 cup half and half
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine milk, sugar and salt; stir with wire whisk until sugar is dissolved. Stir in half and half, whipping cream and vanilla. Pour into canister and freeze as directed.

Add m&ms, chocolate chips, cookies, peanuts, fruit, etc. during last 5 minutes

No comments: