Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chocolate Snowball Swedish Cookies

I'm all about Swedish food lately, ever since we traveled to Sweden. I'm obsessed with telling people about fika and I tried to make some cinnamon buns for my office but it failed (I will try again). But today I tried one of the easy-peasiest recipes ever and successfully recreated one of the more decadent, delicious fika options: the chocolate snowball, aka chokladboll. Yummmmmmm. It can have coconut in it, or be rolled in coconut, but this recipe doesn't have that. I am so happy to have recreated these and I would make this recipe again for my office so I can make everyone participate in fika.

sweden

Chocolate Snowball Swedish Cookies
Posted on the internet by someone named Shakerpenguin

1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cup oats
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 Tbsp of cold coffee (or 2 Tbsp of peanut butter)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa

Mix all ingredients except half of the powdered sugar. Roll into balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Put in fridge for 1 hour.

No comments: