Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Finally I can post about Thanksgiving. Oh goodness. Let's take a tour of the meal in photos.

First we started with the wonderful cheeseball that we have every year.
cheeseball

With that, we had some onion dip, random nuts and stuff, and these delectable little cherry tomatoes that my mom halved, hollowed out, and stuffed with little cubes of sun-dried tomato feta cheese and a tiny slice of kalamata olive. SO yummy!
tomatoes

My mom prepared the stuffing with homemade vegetable stock because she is cool.
stuffing

We chopped up some onions and parsnips to make the amazing parsnip dish that I think will become a Thanksgiving staple because it was so awesome. We ran out of mascarpone so we added in some cream cheese and that was a beautiful decision.
parsnips

My mom put together a 'relish tray' even though my dad is the only one who really eats any of it.
relish

My mother-in-law brought sour cream 'smooshed' potatoes in her own little casserole dish (her nickname is Derry).
derry

My brother and my dad carved the turkey breast. No one likes dark meat and no one really likes turkey so my mom didn't get a full turkey. That was an excellent idea.
turkey

My mother-in-law also brought the sweet potato casserole and this year our oven did NOT break while cooking it!
marshmallow

We tried out a butternut squash recipe and it was very tasty.
squash

The table with all the food!
table

table

I forgot to mention that we also had green bean casserole. Yum!

People always ask me what I eat at Thanksgiving since I'm a vegetarian. I always say "the sides!" and people look at me funny. But look how much I get to eat!
plate

And then of course the pies.
pies

My plate. Pecan, pumpkin, and brown sugar-apple cheesecake.
pies

No comments: