Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunset Sippers

On Christmas everybody was upset about some difficult things in life, and despite my career as a therapist, I had no idea what to say. So I didn't respond at all, got up, and went to my parents' alcohol cabinet to see what I could make. I found this recipe in my collection (thank goodness I had my laptop!) and made it. We liked it and drank all of it and all was well with the world. It was a little strong for me but I'm very sensitive to alcohol. I used the rum and triple sec, and a cherry brandy and red food coloring instead of the grenadine. Hah!

drinks

Sunset Sippers
Magazine clipping from Woman's Day or Family Circle?

Combine in a large pitcher 3 cups orange juice, 1 1/2 cups rum or white cranberry juice, 3/4 cup triple sec or prepared lemonade, a 12 oz can of ginger ale and the juice of one lime. Divide equally among 6 champagne flutes or tall glasses. Carefully pour 1 or 2 tsp grenadine syrup into each glass. Garnish with orange slices and serve chilled.

No comments: