Yep, another veggie burger! I already had almost all of the ingredients for this so it made sense. And it's super easy. The recipe doesn't say what to put on it so we put a slice of colby jack, some mayonnaise, and a regular bun (i.e. what we put on regular burgers). It was pretty good. I mashed it all by hand but it seemed pureed anyway and we couldn't pick out the individual elements. It was good but I probably wouldn't make it again due to finding other delicious burgers lately.
We had this with some roasted brussels sprouts. Yum!
Quinoa Veggie Burger
posted on CLBB (nylucy4)
1/2 cup red quinoa (Note: I used regular brown quinoa)
1 (approx. 6 oz) sweet potato, baked and flesh scooped out
Half 14 oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Place quinoa in a one-quart saucepan, cover with 3/4 cup of water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until all of the water is absorbed (10-15 min). Set aside to cool.
2. Coat a nonstick pan with evoo and place over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and gently saute until tranlucent. Add the cumin and smoked paprika and cook for another minute. Place in a mixing bowl.
3. In a food processor, combine the sweet potato and kidney beans; pulse until it attains a pastelike consitency.
4. Add the potato mixture to the mixing bowl with the onions and garlic. Add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Chill in a refrigerator for one to two hours.
5. Remove from refrigerator and form into patties. Cook on a grill or pan.
Yield: 6-8 servings