Sunday, December 27, 2009

Easy Cauliflower & Broccoli Au Gratin

I had planned to make this side dish but wasn't sure what to make with it. It's so creamy and decadent. I considered lobster tails since I've never made those before, but when I saw the $40 price tag, I reconsidered. We did find some frozen lobster meat for $15 though, so we splurged and got that. What gorgeous lobster meat. Perfect and definitely yummy. I was nervous but it was very good. After it thawed I sauteed it in butter with just a little salt and pepper. Then we just scooped that into bowls. Very simple. Look!

lobbies

The side dish was extremely easy due to all the microwaving, but was very yummy. If I hadn't made it, I'd never have known it wasn't straight out of the oven. I used all light stuff - low-fat cream cheese, fat-free sour cream, 1% milk, etc. Very good. I would make it again for a quick dish.

All in all, the meal took 10 minutes from start to finish. High-five!

gratin

Easy Cauliflower & Broccoli Au Gratin
Kraft Foods

1 lb. large cauliflower florets
1 lb. large broccoli florets
1/2 cup water
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
10 RITZ Crackers, crushed
3 Tbsp. KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

PLACE cauliflower and broccoli in 2-qt. microwaveable dish. Add water; cover. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 min. or until vegetables are tender; drain. Set aside.

MICROWAVE cream cheese and milk in 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup or medium bowl 1 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Add sour cream; mix well. Pour over vegetables; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Microwave 2 min. or until cheese is melted.

MIX cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over vegetables.

Yield: 10 servings

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lobster? My mouth is watering...