Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Butternut Squash Medley

I don't know what this recipe is called. It's from Wegmans. They were serving it as a sample while we were grocery shopping during the Thanksgiving prep, and I loved it! So much that I took a picture of the recipe from the Wegmans magazine with my Blackberry so I could make it without paying $5 for the magazine. I am a very bad person. I am punished by the fact that I didn't get the title in the picture, so we'll never know what it's called. I think it's a Medley. I don't know. Whatever. Anyway so we made this for Thanksgiving and it was very yummy. I wish I had caramelized the squash a little because it wasn't as sweet and yummy as it was in the store. But it was tasty. I don't know if I would make it again but I definitely would eat it again.

Note: The basting oil was a delightful herb-and-garlic-infused grapeseed oil. You could use an olive oil or other infused light oil in its place.

squash

Butternut Squash Medley
Wegmans

2 pkgs (20 oz each) cleaned & cut butternut squash, cut into 1" cubes
2 large onions, peeled and chopped (about 4 cups)
3 Tbsp Wegmans basting oil
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine squash and onions on large baking sheet.; drizzle with basting oil. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper; toss lightly.

Roast 55 minutes, until tender and brown. Toss squash, spinach, and dried cranberries in large shallow serving dish.

No comments: