Sunday, November 01, 2009

Peanut Blossoms

How have I never posted about these before? I've DEFINITELY made them in the years since I started this blog. I know this because the cookies are delicious and either me or my mom or both of us make them every year. While the traditional title is "Peanut Blossoms," my good friend once commented that they look like nipples, so my family now calls them "Chocolate Nipple Cookies." For the purposes of this post, however, we will continue to call them Peanut Blossoms. These are one of my favorite cookies of all time and I will continue to make them zillions of times. I did make a variation once and it was eh. I like the traditional version best!

Here are the ones I made today, all packaged up to be given to a friend:
nips

Peanut Blossoms
My Mom, from somewhere

3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups biscuit mix
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
Hershey's kisses

Mix milk and peanut butter and egg until smooth, and add vanilla. Then mix in biscuit mix and sugars.

Roll dough into balls, roll in sugar, bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

When they are done, press a Hershey Kiss into the middle and smush it down.

Yield: 4 dozen

No comments: