Thursday, November 05, 2009

Oven Fries with Aioli

I thought this might be a nice breakfasty side dish to go with our Breakfast Club sandwich, and it was very good. I like this method of fries and I think that, while they aren't crisp or anything like that, it's a great potato side-dish. We're prepping ourselves for our (hopeful) visit to Amsterdam Falafel this weekend when we're in DC by having our fries with mayo, woohoo! I might make this again.

EDITED TO ADD: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I went to add this to the recipe index and discovered I've already made it!!! Wow.

fries

Oven Fries with Aioli
Cooking Light

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 2 lbs peeled baking potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Place potatoes on a jelly roll pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp canola oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt; toss to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Toss with 1 1/2 Tbsp melted butter and 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley. Combine 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, 1/8 tsp ground red pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove. Serve with fries.

No comments: