Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fleas Navidad Muffins

My parents came to visit for the weekend and they brought their dogs! While they were here, they sampled some of the foods I've made recently. My mom liked the mocha-toffee brownies and was excited that I'd used Starbucks Via coffee in them. My dad wasn't a fan because he doesn't like coffee and he wasn't listening when I explained that they had coffee in them. I made our favorite lemon-poppy seed donuts for breakfast this morning and my parents enjoyed them a lot. I sent some home with them for my brother since we had a few leftovers. And then before my parents left they had a quick lunch of the leftover couscous with chickpeas, tomatoes, and edamame from earlier in the week.

But, of course, I had to make something for the dogs! I made this super-fast recipe for apple-honey biscuits. Emma LOVED them. Yoda and Ramone... not so much. Not exciting enough. Oh well. It was worth a shot.

fleas

fleas

Fleas Navidad Muffins
CLBB (missindi)

2 tablespoons honey
2-3/4 cups water
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together honey, water, applesauce, vanilla and egg. In a separate bowl, mix peanuts, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, mixing well. Spoon into a greased muffin tin, filling each cup two-thirds full. Bake for 35 minutes. Store in a sealed container.

Yield: 16 biscuits

No comments: