Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Marilyn's Greek Salad

I love Greek salad, and I usually use this recipe from Cook's Illustrated. I wanted some Greek salad without all the steps of marinating onions and making my own dressing. A classmate of mine gave me her recipe for a simple Greek salad a couple years ago, so I made that for my dinner.

It is VERY yummy and very quick to put together. I love the hearts of palm but not everyone does. It would have been nice with some red onion but I didn't have one. I liked this a lot and would easily make it again on a weeknight when I am alone and don't feel like doing much.

I am baking a pie right now though so I guess I'm not as lazy as I say I am. Hah! I'll post that recipe eventually. It's still baking.

salad

Marilyn's Greek Salad
From Marilyn in my cross-cultural class

To make it you buy any kind of lettuce that you like. I used mixed greens-Mix it with 1-2 cubed gourmet cucumbers. Add 1 carton of cherry tomatoes or 2 sliced tomatoes, 1-2 sliced red peppers, cut in half black olives if you like olives, 2 cartons of feta cheese (1 mixed in and 1 sprinkled on top-it comes lite too), and cut up hearts of palm (comes in a jar). By the way, you can add in any veggies that you like. I brought lite greek salad dressing. Enjoy!

1 comment:

karolynkaro said...

Mmm, I love hearts of palm. It's actually one of those things that my mom had me try and I thought it was so weird and gross, but turned out that I liked it. Not to mention I absolutely love greek salad and most greek food! Yum!!!