Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Down Days

When I make my meal plan for the week, I include meals for every day unless there is something planned (like grabbing dinner at Musikfest before the Blondie/Pat Benatar concert this Friday). But once a week or so, I have a stressful day or I do not feel well or we both get home way later than anticipated and we end up either ordering out or eating something simple. Today I came home from a long day with a pounding migraine and I immediately threw myself on the couch and slept for 2 hours until Gibby got home from class. He made some grilled cheese sandwiches and now I am eating Cheez-Its. Our favorite thing to do is order pizza. We found a local place that has a really long name so I can't remember what it's called (it's Italian and is like a million letters long) and they make delicious pizza. Grilled cheese or a fried egg sandwich are also staples for these days when I hate everything. When I have time I'm going to make up a batch of marinara sauce to freeze for days like today as well.

What do you like to eat when you are having a down day from cooking?

No comments: