Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cheddar Jalapeno Bread

We love this Cheddar Jalapeno Bread (which I started at like 6:00 tonight... I'm kind of crazy?) and I've made it a bunch of times, but today we had some issues with it. I'm not sure what happened. First it wouldn't solidify, let alone rise. It was very liquidy, even with the addition of more flour. So it couldn't be kneaded. I poured it into the pan with the hopes of it turning out like a dense quick-bread, which it DID turn out like... except the top half on the inside is completely hollow. It's like it formed a nice dome on top and then everything inside sunk. I have no idea what happened. It still tastes awesome, but I don't know why it turned out so weird. I didn't do anything different! Maybe the yeast failed? I don't know. So weird.

No comments: