Sunday, July 12, 2009

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

To go with our clam chowder, I wanted to make some biscuits of some sort. And what goes better with seafood than Red Lobster's cheddar bay biscuits? I've had this highly-recommended copycat recipe for a long time, so I decided to try it out today. I've given it out to other people before but never actually made it myself. So I whipped up a batch super-quickly while the soup was cooking. How amazing! They are DELICIOUS. We have none left. I made half a batch; I should have made a whole batch. No I shouldn't, they would be gone now too. We will DEFINITELY make these again. So yummy!

It should be noted that I took the person's advice and used a teaspoon or so of ranch dressing mix instead of the herb mixture. Easy way out? Sure. But it was GOOD.

cheddar bay

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
CLBB (mbrogier)

I had an older recipe that used ranch dressing mix. I'd substitute the mix for all the seasonings. They tasted almost identical. Use extra mix in melted butter and spread on top of the baked biscuits.

2 C. Bisquick
1/2 C. cold water
3/4 C. grated, sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 C. butter
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together baking mix, cold water, and grated cheese. Cut biscuits with a cutter, and place onto a baking dish. Melt butter and seasonings together. Brush with the butter and spices and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. However, you cannot make the EXACT biscuits, because they have a special butter/garlic sauce that is not available to the general public. See how they are!!

Yield: about a dozen?

No comments: