Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ice Cream Cone Cannolis

I like cannoli. A lot. I am not about to deep-fry shells though to make my own, so I liked this super-fast cheater recipe that uses ice cream cones instead of the shells. Then, of course, once we bought the ice cream cones, I found storebought cannoli shells. But I decided to stick with the cones.

It's super easy. We didn't have orange zest so I added a pinch of cinnamon (we have a cinnamon that has hints of orange in it, so it worked just fine). I topped them with chocolate chips instead of sprinkles. They are yummy. Not quite the same as regular cannoli, for sure, but at least they're portable!

cannoli

Ice Cream Cone Cannolis
Sorrento advertisement

15 oz container Sorrento Whole Milk or Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp grated orange rind
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
8-10 sugar ice cream cones
Multicolored sprinkles

With wooden spoon, mix ricotta, sugar, vanilla, and orange rind until smooth. Add chips and stir until evenly blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon mixture into ice cream cones. Add sprinkles and serve.

Yield: 8-10

3 comments:

karolynkaro said...

I am with you on that!!! I love some cannoli! Looks very yum!

Ashley said...

This looks like an easy way to make something canoli-esque! Yum!

Denise said...

I WANT THIS.