Thursday, March 12, 2009

Layered Refried Bean Salad

This took 5 minutes to make. I microwaved the beans for a couple minutes to heat them up because I figured that would be yummier, and I was right. The sour cream mixture is yummy. This whole thing was yummy with tortilla chips and was a nice, quick meal. I omitted the olives, reduced the amount of mayonnaise, and forgot to use the salsa. I would make it again.

salad

Layered Refried Bean Salad
Lazy Gourmet

16 oz. refried beans
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 (1.25 ounce) pkg. taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 head lettuce; chopped
1 large tomato; chopped
2 green onions; chopped
4 large pitted black olives; sliced
1/4 cup salsa
14.5 oz. pkg. tortilla chips

Spread refried beans on a large flat platter. Wisk together sour cream, maynonnaise and taco seasoning mix. Spread over beans and follow with a layer of cheese, lettuce, tomato, green onions and olives.

Yield: 6 servings

No comments: