Indulgent? Definitely. I got another huge bag of oats from my boss's spiritual farm, so I figured we should have some traditional oatmeal (rather than the instant packets). Not just any oatmeal though - chocolatey delicious oatmeal that is not so breakfasty and is mostly just delicious. This was a very nice breakfast. We probably would not make it again but if someone were to make it for me, I certainly would eat it again!
Hershey's Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal with Bananas, Pecans, and Orange-Blossom Honey
Hershey's, via AAA Magazine
3 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup + 2 Tbsp instant oats
1 Tbsp Hershey's cocoa powder
2 oz brown sugar
1 tsp butter, softened
1 banana, fresh, cut in half lengthwise, then quartered and diced
4 tsp pecans, toasted
4 tsp Hershey's chocolate chips
2 tsp orange blossom honey
1. Bring water and salt to boil over high heat.
2. Add oats and mix well. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add cocoa and brown sugar. Mix well and bring to boil; reduce to simmer and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add butter. Mix well to fully incorporate.
5. Remove from heat and evenly portion into warm bowls.
6. Garnish each bowl with 1/4 chopped fresh banana, 1 tsp chopped pecans, 1 tsp chocolate chips, and 1/2 tsp honey.
7. Serve hot and enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings