Friday, March 13, 2009

Ace of Cakes

Today I had a class in Baltimore (it's all day tomorrow, too), so I went to the Baltimore Johns Hopkins campus for the first time in all 2 1/2 years I've been in grad school. I just go to the Hopkins' Rockville campus so I never had reason to go to the Baltimore one! So I went this morning, and got there very early, and decided to find out where Charm City Cakes, home of Duff and the Ace of Cakes crew, was located. Turns out, it was VERY close to where my class was going to be held! I went for a little walk and after a series of humorous mishaps managed to find the building.

sign

I was there early in the morning so I doubt anyone was there, but there would be no way of knowing because the windows are blacked out and there is a sign on the door that says that no one is allowed to go in unless you have an appointment. So. Also, the building is not free-standing or welcoming and charming as it appears on the show. It is actually attached to other buildings, and it is in kind of a ghetto neighborhood. Oh well. It was still exciting to see it in person! I would have taken a picture of myself in front of it but I did not trust my camera with a homeless person or crackhead and therefore decided against it.

building

No comments: