Monday, January 12, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

The brussels sprouts at the grocery store have looked so nice lately that I have been wanting to cook with them more. I thought they would complement our dinner very nicely tonight, with the bitterness balancing out the flavors of the main dish, but I wanted a quick and simple recipe. This is a super-fast recipe. I subbed olive oil for the melted butter and I think that was a good choice. In the picture, they look kind of burnt, but they're actually just caramelized. They're soft and sweet but still a little bitter and delicious. This would be a good introduction to brussels sprouts for people who have not had them before (like Denise).

sprouts

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Cooking Light

Combine 4 cups trimmed, halved Brussels sprouts, 2 tsp melted butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crisp-tender.

2 comments:

denise said...

Woohoo, I love shout-outs.

Ashley said...

I recently learned that I like Brussels Sprouts - this looks like a great and EASY way to enjoy them!