Alright let's do a little 2008 wrap-up. I baked some goodies for the dogs today because it's Emma's first birthday (hooray!) but I will post about that tomorrow once we're home in Maryland.
First let's examine the count for how many new recipes we made in 2008. This does not include repeats from previous years - all completely brand new tried in 2008:
Yup. That is so awesome. Last year was 228, and in 2006 I made 157. My goal for 2009 will be 300 new recipes.
Here are our top-rated recipes for the year, broken down into savory and sweet because I was incapable of making just one list.
1. Moomie's Beautiful Burger Buns - CLBB
2. Spanish-Style Shrimp with Garlic - CL 3/06
3. Vegetarian Pad Thai - Gourmet, 12/07
4. Classic Waffles - CLBB (SheRa)
5. Stuffed Vegetables with Spinach and Artichoke Hearts - www.moosewoodrestaurant.com
6. Crash Hot Potatoes - Pioneer Woman
7. Orange Cornmeal Bread - CLBB
8. Pan-Seared Tilapia with Citrus Vinaigrette - CL 1/08
9. Crispy and Delicious Asparagus and Potato Tart - Jamie Oliver
10. Potato-Leek Gratin - CL, 9/07
1. Mandarin Cream Delight - CL 2000
2. Milk Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies - BA
3. Creamy Chocolate Dessert - CL
4. Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies - Ina Garten
5. Magnolia Bakery Butterscotch Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies - Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
6. Pecan Squares - Ina Garten
7. Cranberry-Oatmeal Bars - CL