Saturday, December 27, 2008

Connecticut Goodies Part 1

I brought a bunch of leftover homemade marshmallows with us to my parents' house in CT and Gibby had some hot chocolate.

marshmallows

Then last night, with the help of Gibby and Andy, we made some of the best Almond Roca and it was wonderful. It is even better today now that it's fully solidified. I love it!

roca

We also gave out some of the limoncello and people seemed to greatly enjoy it. One entire bottle managed to be polished off in less than half an hour, so I guess it wasn't that bad. Some feedback we received though is that it "could probably be a little more lemony." Not that we're going to make it again, but still good feedback for those of you who may want to try it. Add some extra lemons.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love homemade marshmallows, and that almond roca looks great too! Hope you had a good holiday.

denise said...

Please disregard the part in the email I sent you asking how everyone liked the limoncello.