Thursday, October 02, 2008

Couscous with Roasted Almonds and Edamame

Didn't have time to post this yesterday, so I apologize! Last night we made this couscous. It's bright orange because it's boiled in carrot juice! Sounds weird, but it was very good. I liked it a lot. I'd consider making it again since it was so fast.

We had it with some twisty breadsticks sprinkled with garlic salt and it was yummy.

Side Note: I just realized I wasn't getting any comments, and then I realized I never changed my email address when I changed domains. So if you've left a comment on my blog in the past oh, 2-3 months or so, don't be offended if I never answered you back. I'm sorry!

couscous

Couscous with Roasted Almonds and Edamame
Shape magazine, June 2008

1 medium clove garlic
1 1/2 cups carrot juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
2 medium scallions
4-5 sprigs fresh cilantro
3/4 cup couscous
1 oz roasted unsalted almonds

Mince garlic to make 1 tsp. In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, combine garlic, carrot juice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add edamame and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 4 minutes.

While edamame simmers, chop scallions to make 1/2 cup and cilantro to make 2 Tbsp; set aside. Increase heat to high and return edamame to a boil; stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop almonds. Fluff couscous with a fork; add scallions, cilantro, and almonds.

Yield: 4 (small) servings

No comments: