Sunday, September 21, 2008

Teriyaki Beets

I like beets. I think they taste like baby corn. I have to admit that this recipe was fairly disappointing to me, as it had received a ton of excellent reviews on the Cooking Light Bulletin Boards. It just isn't particularly special. I probably wouldn't make this again, but I am very happy that I can cook beets for us now!

beets

Teriyaki Beets
From Asparagus to Zucchini by the Madison Area CSAC

12 small beets -- unpeeled
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon fresh ginger root -- minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Boil or steam beets until almost tender. Rinse in cold water and cut into halves.

Combine butter, honey, ginger and soy sauce in a small saucepan and heat until butter and honey are melted.

Brush some sauce over beets and place on heated broiler pan. Broil 5-10 minutes until tender, basting frequently.

Transfer to a serving dish and pour remaining sauce over.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments: