Thursday, September 11, 2008

Peanut Butter Berry-wich

Tonight for dinner I made Mexican Polenta, which was delicious as always. I added some green onions and sour cream and we enjoyed it a lot.

Today's new recipe was from my lunch! I found a quick recipe on Epicurious for a sandwich that sounded yummy. It didn't take too long this morning, and it was definitely yummy. My only complaint is that by lunch time, it had gotten a little bit soggy from the strawberries. I would make this again on weekends, but not for my lunchbox. It doesn't seem to hold up well over time. But it definitely is tasty!

No picture, because I'm not about to take a picture at 7 in the morning.

Peanut Butter Berry-wich
Real Food for Healthy Kids by Seaman and Steel
as posted on Epicurious, July 2008

Peanut butter goes well with more than just jam, and this interesting combination proves it. This is delicious with whatever fruit is in season.

2 slices whole-wheat bread or Banana Bread
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon softened Neufch√Ętel (reduced-fat) cream cheese
2 medium strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 teaspoon honey

1. Lay the bread slices on a work surface. Spread the peanut butter on one slice and the cream cheese on the other.

2. Arrange strawberry slices in an even single layer on top of the peanut butter. Drizzle the honey on the berries and then place the other slice of bread with the cream cheese on top. Cut into halves or quarters.

No comments: